WebTrust engagements are comprised of a “family” of assurance services designed for ecommerce based systems and, upon attainment of an unqualified assurance report, would entitle the entity to display a WebTrust Seal and accompanying practitioner’s report on its website. The WebTrust family of branded assurance services includes the following, applied in the context of an ecommerce system and leverages the Trust Principles and Criteria
- WebTrust Online Privacy – where the scope of the assurance engagement includes the Privacy Principle and Criteria.
- WebTrust Consumer Protection – where the scope of the assurance engagement includes both the Processing Integrity and Privacy Principles and Criteria.
- WebTrust – where the scope of the assurance engagement includes one or more combinations of the Principles and Criteria not anticipated above.
- WebTrust for Certification Authorities (CA) – where the scope of the assurance engagement includes the Principles and related Criteria unique to certification authorities.
- WebTrust for EV Certification - The Guidelines for Extended Validation Certificates describe the minimum requirements that a CA must meet in order to issue Extended Validation Certificates (“EV Certificates”). Organization information from Valid EV Certificates may be displayed in a special manner by certain software applications (e.g., browser software) in order to provide users with a trustworthy confirmation of the identity of the entity that controls the website they are accessing.
Stone Carlie is one of a few licensed providers that conduct two specialized audits, WebTrust for Certification Authority (WebTrust for CA) and WebTrust for Extended Validation Certificates (WebTrust for EV). Stone Carlie participated in a working group along with the “Big 4” accounting firms to develop the standards and underlying procedures a CA must undergo to issue Extended Validation Certificates.
As part of our service offerings, we are capable of performing the following:
- WebTrust for CA Audit
- WebTrust for CA Readiness Assessment
- WebTrust for EV Audit
- WebTrust for EV Readiness Assessment